Date: Wednesday, June 27th, 20l2 – Time: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Palais des Nations – Room IX – Geneva
UN Special Rapporteur in the Field of Cultural Rights – Ms. Farida Shaheed
UN Special Rapporteur on the Violence Against Women – Ms. Rashida Manjoo (Invited)
Chief of Women’s Rights & Gender Section – OHCHR – Ms. Isha Dyfan
Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations Geneva – Ms. Manon Boisclair – Second Secretary, Human Rights
World YWCA General Secretary & President of NGO Committee on the Status of Women Geneva, Ms. Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda
WUNRN – Women’s UN Report Network – Power Point – Ms. Lois A. Herman, WUNRN Coordinator
Inter-African Committee Geneva – Dr. Adebisi Adebayo
Objectives of this side event:
- To provide more understanding on the subject and exact actions needed for the achievement of total abandonment of the harmful traditional/cultural practices.
- To provide clarity on the need for international monitoring mechanisms to accurately gauge States’ compliance with international obligations to which they are a party.
- To provide interpretation to developed actions and interventions
- To get further insight into the concept of ‘due diligence’ and remedies.
- Event flyer
- Presentation of Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda, World YWCA General Secretary & President of NGO CSW Geneva