The NGO Committee on the Status of Women, Geneva (NGO CSW Geneva) is a substantive Committees of the Conference of NGOs in consultative relationship with the United Nations (CoNGO). It is also an association under Swiss Law (Comité ONG de la Condition de la Femme, Genève).
Already active as a working group of the Committee on Human Rights since 1947, and formally established in 1973, the NGO CSW Geneva is a platform for the advancement of human rights and the empowerment of women at the United Nations in Geneva. It also cooperates with its sister committees in New York and Vienna, and annually facilitates civil society participation in the UN Commission on the Status of Women in New York.
Informed by the international human rights treaties and policy commitments, especially the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), the 1995 Beijing Platform for Action on Women, Equality, Peace and Development, as well as the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325/2000 on Women, Peace and Security, the NGO CSW Geneva coordinates its work through five thematic forums, namely:
- Rights, Peace and Justice
- Economic Empowerment and Employment
- Displacement and Migration
- Women’s Health and Education
- Violence Against Women and Girls.
- our Flyer – NGO CSW Geneva leaflet January 2014.pdf
- our Statutes – Statuts Comite ONG Condition Femme Geneve Sep-2015 final (English translation)
- our Bylaws – NGO CSW Geneva Bylaws
- our Code of Conduct – NGO CSW Geneva Code-of-Conduct