1. The new CoNGO President and Board took office in January 2011. To provide members based in Geneva with a survey of the year, there will be a meeting in the CoNGO Office on Monday December 19, from 15.00 to 17.00.
2. The President of CoNGO, Cyril Ritchie, will outline the situation of CoNGO as it was in January 2011 and how it has developed over the succeeding eleven months. The Briefing will cover Finances; Board Meetings; Officers’ activities; the external Organizational Review; Work carried out in the CoNGO offices; The role of the Substantive Committees; The planning for the Regional Committees; UN Access issues.
3. The President will also draw lessons for the year ahead, and discuss ways we can all make progress TOGETHER.
4. A similar Briefing will have taken place in New York on December 13.
5. The Geneva-based representatives of CoNGO Member Organizations (Full members, and Associate members) are warmly invited to attend the Briefing on December 19, to put questions and contribute ideas. Those organizations outside Geneva but that can relatively easily come to the Briefing are naturally more than welcome. No advance registration is required. Please participate: CoNGO is yours!
President of CoNGO