OLDER WOMEN & THE RIGHT TO HEALTH – High Level Panel
on September 26, 20ll – l:00 – 3:00 p.m.
in the Palais des Nations, Geneva – Room XXI
- Office of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health – Mr. Anand Grover – Report on the Study on the Realization of the Right to Health of Older Persons
- Brazil Permanent Mission to the United Nations – Geneva
- World Health Organization – UN WHO – Ageing & Life Course Department
- CoNGO NGO Committee on Ageing Geneva – Geneva International Network on Ageing – Dr. Astrid Stuckelberger
- Ms. Ferdous Ara Begum – Former CEDAW Committee Member – Bangladesh – Chair on Working Group for General Recommendation on Rights of Older Women
- HelpAge International – Ms. Bridget Sleap
- International Disability Alliance – Mr. Facundo Chavez Penillas, VP RIADIS
- CoNGO NGO Committee on Mental Health – NYC – Statement
- WUNRN – Women’s UN Report Network – Power Point on Global Issues of Older Women & Health – Ms. Lois A. Herman
- Testimonial of an Older Rural Woman from a developing country, Tanzania, focusing on challenges of health issues and services.
Panel Moderator – Ms. Hendrica Okondo, World YWCA Global Programme Manager for SRHR & HIV and Regional Focal Point for Africa